Friday, October 10, 2014

Got the Rain Barrels!

Went this morning to the local farm store and they finally got the barrels in.
Still in the bed of the truck because see the water?,it just poured down.
It still going to rain so I'll wait for abit before I post some close ups.These barrels are pretty thick and heavy duty.

A little later.............



I'm tickled to get them!!
At 10.00 each that was a really good price.And the bottom is already set up for a spigot.Just some cleaning with some soapy water and they'll be good to go.I am a wheeler and dealer when it comes to finding things.Then we got to figure "where" to put them.


2 comments:

1st Man said...

I am SO jealous. Do you know in Houston, a city of millions, I cannot seem to find these. These are the ones I want, the terra-cotta color (I think they held olives). But I've never looked at the farm stores on the outskirts of town. I find similar ones that are already done but then of course they are well over $100. No thanks, I can do it myself, ha.

Sigh...

Now I'm determined to find some!!

Misty Pines Homestead said...

Yeah try the farm stores,they might even be able to see if they can order you some.If not try Amazon but be careful,they'll get you on the shipping.