Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Beer Bread

Yeah I got a new love! I was looking to try to find  a recipe for bread using self rising flour and I came across this little beauty. Beer Bread. And since I like trying out new recipes,here you go!

 Beer bread

3 cups of self rising flour
2 tablespoons sugar
1/2 cup of butter
1 (12 oz.) beer

Melt the butter and pour a little in 9x5  loaf pan just to coat the bottom.
In a large bowl add the flour and sugar and beer,mix together.
Pour batter into loaf pan and pour remaining butter over batter.Bake at 350 degrees for 50-60 minutes. wait 10 minutes to cool.

Yeah I didn't I love the smell of it.I had to put some butter on it while it was still hot.My little oven cooked it a little too brown but it was still fabulous.



Today I have to make my cornbread dressing. Hey I'm a southern gal,got to have it! Ready for Thanksgiving?

No comments: