Saturday, October 21, 2017

Taking Charge

Interesting how life goes sometimes.I have been busy trying to get this awful weight off me and now it's going great.Since July 1st of this year I have dropped 37 pounds. I was just feeling so sluggish and run down. Plus the fact too I quit smoking over a year ago.Wow a whole year has gone by. I can not begin to say how much better I feel for my age. I'm on a low carb way of eating.I ran across this while I was in a stop smoking group on FB. Which by the way I deactivated my account from there.Long story.And now I feel free from that. Anyway they were very supportive of people trying to quit and really helped me out.I will miss them. This low carb eating consist of eating high fat and medium protein and about between 20 to 30 carbs a day. I cut out pepsi,sugar,pasta,potatoes,breads(I do miss biscuits),cakes and anything that is processed.Also grains and some fruit because of the high sugar content and beans.Now I know some people would cringe at some of this but I didn't eat alot of this stuff anyway. I detoxed from this and it was rough but now I get nauseous if I even smell some of it. However the new way of cooking has me in the kitchen more.I'm using almond flour(sparely) and coconut flour,eating breakfast more which consist for now of eggs and bacon or sausage and I make a piece of  bread from almond flour.Its not like regular flour,its actually made from almonds but it rises like flour. I read labels,you have to on this.I've been losing about a half a pound a week.



Eggs left over cube steak and spinach
Eggs,Avocado and Kale.
Just a couple of examples here



Now on to the garden. From last month on the blog,I had 5 loofahs,well I found two more. So this year the vines have produced 10 loofahs all together. I've planted some more broccoli and the weather here is turning cooler so we'll have to see how they turn out.I did plant carrots just to see if I could get them growing,yeah got beautiful tops and tiny carrots and that's about it. I'm not trying again. My spinach is coming along nicely as long as I can keep the bugs off. I've been collecting yard long green beans off the vine all summer and now they are about done.Today I'm pulling them up and cleaning that area so I can plant something else next year. I won't be planting loofahs next year cause I have enough to give away to friends and family if they want them.I have to make some goatsmilk soap again.I made coffee soap but it's way too rough to give out.I'm stuck with the bars I have but they will be used. I didn't grind the coffee grounds up and left them as they were. Yeah they are rough,about take the skin off. So I have been quite busy this summer.I taught myself to can jelly,make soap and still doing my baskets and very little and I mean very little on my beads. I exercise everyday and watch my weight and try to be positive. I'm doing good. It's going to be great to buy some new clothes. I put a bra on and I laughed so hard,yep didn't fit. I do believe I have taken charge of things about myself and feel really good about it. I didn't know if I could but I did know if I didn't I wouldn't last. I was getting bad. I have a new saying,change the way you think can change your world. Y'all have a great day!!


No comments: