Saturday, December 30, 2017

Oh Here Comes Winter!

Yep we are gonna get socked full force with Mr.Winter tomorrow. I have tried to insulated this crappy mobile home the best I could. My broccoli took a dive outside. We had too many cold days and nights for them to survive. BUT I have three broccoli plants inside and they are putting out! So cool. I went and had my walk  for today and I don't know when I'll be able to go again. I'm now down 51 pounds less than I was. 3 more and my sister-in-law said she was gonna throw me a party(yeah we'll see about that)My brother said "she'll probably serve ice cream and cake".No I don't think so! Ok maybe the low carb sugar free stuff.

I told hubstead I did not want to be here if the winter is gonna be this cold.We needed this though.The fleas and ticks were horrible and the we usually don't have snakes in the yard but this year we had a couple. One was a Copperhead. Not good with my dog walking around. On the other side,the other night,there was a big buck outside.The deer are in rut this time of the year here. He had a set of large antlers on him .I've never seen him around here and since then I haven't.There is alot of wooded area where we live. I hope he comes back through maybe I can get a picture of him without scaring him.

Oh remember I said I wanted to learn two things every year? My next thing,tie dyeing and learning how to pressure can. Canner,Santa didn't bring one so I got to buy that myself. Thanks Santa,you fat,sorry, never mind. Anyways,I'm planting a bigger garden next year(hubstead is not too happy with that)but beans are on the menu and tomatoes. I can't eat too many tomatoes on this diet but I can have a little. I can eat above ground vegetables and very little root veggies. Most root veggies have sugar and starches. I am growing peas,Snow peas which I can have those. I have all my stuff to fight the bugs and hopefully I won't get blight too. So next year is planned I hope.

We haven't done much work on the house in the last couple of years.The last thing we did was put a metal roof on. This is a rather large doublewide and its getting hard for me to take care of it. I'm wanting to sell it down the road but hubstead said no it'll be paid for. I'm wanting a small cabin on some flat land. Here we can't get out during the winter because we are on a hill. And to get out you have to go up another hill which it's paved and ice is very slick. I am not going to ruin my truck for anyone.But it hasn't been that bad.lots of things to still explore and I also was thinking about natural tie dying too. Got to do some looking on the internet for that.

Well that's it for now. I'll post some pictures if it snows.My camera is old and maybe it will work. So everyone have a great New Year!!!! Leave your worries and pain behind and start out fresh.


No comments: