Friday, January 19, 2018

Chilling in the South

I'm sitting here with my door open today.Tomorrow will be another story.They say snow and ice,looking like it will stay north of here.It looks like it will miss me but can never tell.I can't wait really til next month.Gonna get those seeds started early. Been just raining and drizzling and just down right gloomy weather.Where's the sun?? I am beginning to not be a winter person anymore.I like the snow but this winter has been really icy. I guess it's because I can't get out in the yard,maybe I'm getting cabin fever.Whatever it is wished it would go away!

This was before the snow came!

Well it did snow and just enough to shut everything down for a couple days.There is a little snow on the ground.The deer have been out like crazy. Had a nice size buck come thru,looked like a 8 pointer.
Getting lots of new babies(fawns).

I went and bought a handful of seeds.Ok two handfuls.I kinda went nuts but I ended up getting green beans,tomatoes,swiss chard(I've never had swiss chard before)peppers,lettuce,zucchini,snow peas.I already had eggplant and lavendar.I need to still get parsley and sage and thyme and some rosemary.I am planning a BIG garden this year.I got pots and totes and a yard waiting to be filled.

I'm also going to try my hand at growing stevia. AND growing my own tea.We'll see how that goes.I made my own notebook this year and each plant has it's own page. I'm very excited about this and maybe I'll do better with this way of working it. I sat up this morning writing and reading online how to grow this and that.

My soap stuff is coming along fine.When the weather gets warmer I'll start soaping again,it's just too cold to do any right now. That also goes for tie dying too.

Since I quit smoking I need to keep myself busy and it 's great! I love the stuff I'm doing. I am always looking for things to do.And there is plenty to do around a homestead!






No comments: