Saturday, March 21, 2015

Still not Dried Out

We are still wet around here and having to park the truck in the front of the driveway.We are getting just enough rain to keep everything wet.Oh well hopefully soon we'll start getting much needed sunshine!

On a better note,I started the tomatoe plants and they are coming up just fine. I also planted the Corsican gourd seeds but they will take awhile to sprout. I repotted my aloe into a bigger pot and the avocado tree is growing very well. I'm interested in seeing how the Korean dark peppers are going to do.Last time I grew these purple tomatoes and although they looked pretty on the vine,the taste was not what I expected. They were somewhat bitter and too acidic. I'm trying something new every year to break up the regular garden variety. Soon,I will be be planted my herbs and other vegetables!

There hasn't been much going on around here,just sitting and waiting until the first of the month to gather all the rest of soil and I have already gotten the outside beds ready for some planting.April is pretty rainy here in the south but come May it goes away and we'll get more sun. I have a few things in the works but will post later on these projects.


No comments: