Sunday, May 6, 2018

Updates,Shingles and the Garden and Sad News

Well I am almost over the shingles.I have some itching left but at least the pain is gone.I still have a little headaches every now and then but just not as bad. I do not want to see anyone get this!

Now the garden part.
I have 4 in buckets and two that needs a home.

Sage,yeah I planted too many but my SIL will get some.


These plants are loaded.

Swiss Chard trying to grow.



Green beans-Bush and Yard long.

Well so far so good.I still haven't got it fenced in,right now no money but its a slow process anyways.

Now on to the sad news. My sister Linda ,she lived in Opelika,Alabama passed away. She was one of my sisters who helped me thru bad times and I loved her dearly. Her husband is still in bad health so we hope he will pull thru this. Then my sister-in-laws mother passed away.She also had been in bad health for awhile so we hope this has eased her suffering.She was a good woman and very decent human being.

It rained yesterday pretty good and no I did not go out and garden naked.It was garden naked day for all who didn't know! Our mosquitoes are going to be rough this year.I have managed to spread some stuff in the yard for ticks and fleas and so far so good. Rion hasn't been scratching. Rion is my hound.He is loving  being able to go lay on the front porch now.He sleeps out there more than he does in the house.I don't much blame him I would too if it wasn't for the bugs.

After all this time I finally got curtains and a set of blinds to put up on the windows.The curtains went in the bedroom and the blinds in the diningroom.Now its feeling like a permanent place. Yeah for all who is trying to figure that out,read the start of this blog.


Ok I have made more soap AND I have learned how to make salve.I made plantain salve for the bug bites and itches and  I made some cayenne pepper and ginger salve but it doesn't have the warm feeling it should.My next batch I'm using fresh cayenne peppers instead of powder.I think that should do it but I got to be careful about how much I put in it.The soap done great,I got it sitting and curing on the shelf.

So thats what has been going on and I hope y'all have a great Sunday.Please leave me a message I will check back!!











No comments: