Wednesday, September 28, 2022

It was a Long Hot Summer

 I am so glad this summer is over with. It felt like it would never end. The garden didnt do anything because of the relentless sun and no water. I tried to keep caught up but the covid I had last year really messed me up. I feel like I'm walking thru mud just to get around not including my lungs hurting. I did get the girls thru all this heat,they didn't like it one bit.

Then there was the bird flu and I had to keep them in most of the summer. which did not make me popular.Nor did they understand,I felt so bad for them. Then one morning I walked out on the back deck and the big hawk was no more than 15 feet away. I almost lost it but he has been cleaning up the armadillo problem I was having.



THE FLUFFY BUTT HUT






My chicken coop.

I put the white plastic on top to reflect the heat and it healped keep the rain out too. Speaking of rain,this September it has rained here only twice. I'm hoping we'll get more.




He has gotten so spoiled rotten.

I do miss Orion,but at least he isnt hurting any more, 




I did managed to get some Malabar Spinach planted and some sweet potatoes and peppers and jalapenos. Those have done quite well but the rest what a flop. I also got a canner and have been learning how to can things which I never thought I could do but I am! The fig tree has gotten huge and the muscadines did very well. The blackberries were in abundance and so were the strawberries. Odd how some things will do good some year and others not so much but I think the heat had something to do with it. 





These are all the Hibiscus bushes I got . So freaking pretty!!!!

This was
 where the blackberry bushes were and still are.There were so many of them.



Im into woodburning now.


Well I guess Im somewhat caught up for now. Its cooling down and feeling like fall here. Glad you could stop by and now since I have a laptop maybe I can keep up. Have a great evening!

No comments: