Saturday, August 12, 2023

 Been able to put up a few things this year. Jalapenos, tomatoes, a  little pickles. Green beans, I traded with a friend and got them on the shelf. Been really rainy here this summer and now we are going into our hot season for August. The chickens have slightly laid off laying eggs but that's ok they deserve it. They work really hard for us. Had to give Ollie a dose of fleas medicine and allergy relief stuff. Now it's quieting down around here.

They say we are going to have a cold winter this year so thats in the works to getting supplies for the chicken coop and for the house.Its been rough trying to keep the grass cut and now its bad. So much water.


I am so excited this year. I wasn't sure but now I am,I found a bunch of elderberry trees and I'm going nuts over them.Trying my hand at making wheatbread again.  Did strawberry preserves,they came out ok but not as firm as I wanted them. I am practicing how to on herbs. I've been reading everything I can get my hands on for any kind of help.





Hawaiian cowboy candy.

Well hope everyone is having a great growing season. This will be it for now have a good evening.


 .

No comments: