Wednesday, July 3, 2024

So Much Heat

 They said it was going to get hot and it has. My poor girls are hot, I try to keep them cool but it doesn't work well. We get cloud cover then sun which that makes it hotter. I have a fan on them.


I've had to do some really heavy thinking on this garden situation. The only thing doing well right now is the yard long beans. The rest is getting pretty thin. I've dried out some herbs and the dehydrator has been on at least twice a week. Can not wait til Fall! The only thing Ollie does is lay in front of the fan. It really wouldn't be that bad except for the humidity. Can't even wear makeup because by the time you get to the car everything has sweated off.


I have news. I've added some extra projects to my everyday living. The herbs I grow I have learned how to do tinctures and infusions and elixirs. I did an elderberry flower elixir that is out of this world. And it doesn't go bad, The color is gorgeous. The next thing is a willow bark tincture for pain. Alot better than wild lettuce by far. Then I did a ginger root tincture that really helps with my stomach. I'm getting better. I still do the salves and going to learn how to do more. I'm also growing and processing Mullein. I'm hoping that helps with my lungs. I make mullein tea right now but next is a tincture. So I'm really excited about learning even more.

Fall is September 22nd of this year so 92 more days. Hoping for more rain.

No comments: