Monday, September 2, 2024

Fall is HERE!

 Oh my the leaves are already turning here in NW Alabama. The weather is cooling down for now. For the past 2 weeks I've been dehydrating elderberries. Last year I tried the syrup, and it did not turn out. So to extend the shelf-life I'm wearing out the dehydrator.

Elderberries



This heat and humidity was hard on everyone this year. Well might be taking the step of putting in a small pond out back to help with the new greenhouse I'm getting next month. YES, finally a goofy greenhouse. It won't be one of those expensive ones but for now it will get me started and get some of all these scattered pots I have laying around put up. It's a 20x10x8. I didn't want a large one but I liked the style of this one. It can be remodified and reenforced to withstand the wind that whips around back sometimes.

It's starting to get darker here. I got a feeling we might just have a snowy winter let's hope not.

Today I threw out some turnip green seeds and yellow beets and Pak choy's. I also planted some Mizunas. I've never grew these so it's going to be a toss up. Be interesting to see if they come up looking like the picture on the pack.
I didn't mention we got a new kitty and she had 2 babies. They're so damn cute. Turned the utility room into a cat condo living facility. 

Well that's it for now. Have a good evening. Can say something on here leaves a message!



No comments: