Thursday, October 8, 2015

I Got Peas!

The idea worked and now I got peas growing on the vines.I noticed yesterday that I have alot of blooms which I hope will produce alot of peas.If so I'm keeping the setup there thru the winter and doing it again come Spring.
They've grown alot more since this picture.



But I liked the idea and went with it.Now we'll see what and how much it produces.I have two more drawers in the closet and thinking about setting Kale out come Spring.At this point I think container gardening will be my best bet.We do have alot of rabbits hanging around.Oh my carrots seem to be doing good but have not pulled any up yet.I am only going to get a handful anyways.I am excited to see if this round of carrots will produce.


Everything looks better since the grass got cut and the yard looks like it has more grass growing.When we first moved here it was alot of weeds.Now I have grass growing where there was weeds before.I let most of the grass seeds do it's own thing and spread.There are not even any clovers in the yard now.Which in turn will send the bees towards my plants when they have blooms.Today I have to harvest more parsley and the rest of the sage.I make cornbread dressing during the holidays around here and pumpkin pies. I'll have fresh sage to cook with this year. I love the holidays because it is the one time of year I get off my duff and really cook.Plus I'm getting a counter top stove this year.My little toaster oven has seen better days and I got to replace it.I'm excited about that too.This oven is bigger and can hold a full size pizza so I know I'll be cooking like crazy.I know it doesn't sound like much but right now I can't afford a regular stove.So anything is fine as long as I can cook.My kitchen is cluttered with stuff and I have NO counter space.But I will find room for this oven!

I'm getting settled in better here.If you have read my blog you know that I had a hard time getting settled.There are times where I still miss Texas something terrible but the more I do around here the more it feels like home.I'm getting used to the way people do things.Which is slow.But I do things at my own pace too.The floors aren't done yet and all the repairs and work is getting done at a snails pace.We had to pay off a major bill this month and now can breathe a little easier.I'm looking at next year to be a more faster pace to getting alot done around here.Including my chicken coop!I'm hoping that this was the last move we had in us.I'm tired of moving around and just want to keep quiet for a long while.The only way I'd move is if we found a small house,which,is unlikely.There aren't many small houses here and the ones that are,same thing,have to work on them,so I'd rather do the work here and stay.


Well that's about it,that's what's going on around here,which isn't much lol. Have a great Thursday!


No comments: