Thursday, May 21, 2015

Hanging in and Hanging out

I still have a cough from last week but things are getting better. We had a cold front come in yesterday and now it's getting quite chilly this morning. This week has been spending time out back doing some weeding and adding compost to stuff.My beans are growing very well now except for a pesty squirrel making a nuisance of himself.He's been digging in the beans for what I don't know but I'll get rid of him soon enough. The gourds have took off now. The vines are growing pretty fast and I got to figure out which way I want them to go in the yard.

This got seperated yesterday into another pot.I have alot of sage.

The avocado tree is doing wonderful,here's a close up.

I'm excited I looked and my chocolate mint is coming up,slowly but coming up!!!



So I would say so far,this years' little garden will be a success,the tomatoe plants are fixing to bloom. I have bees coming by so I'm hoping they'll do some work for me. I also seperated the Coleus too. My ex mother-in-law used to have so many of those and I enjoyed watching them grow and she had some beauties too.I have some with yellow and red so far. I made a smaller pot with a few of them. I don't know why I wanted them this year but figured I give them a try. I have been amazed at what all grows here.I watch the weather channel to see what kind of temperatures and how much rain we get. I  was digging around in the compost bin yesterday too and found a potatoe plant,yes a potatoe plant. So I put it near the deck and I thought I killed it but to my surprise it's thriving. I didn't think the ones from the grocery store was suppose to come up but some do I guess.We'll see how it does. I didn't get my garbage can going for them so this is a trial run.

The potted tomatoe plants are growing.


A little fuzzy but this  is the Wild Magnolia tree growing in the woods out back.

I planted the marigolds and used the pot I had them to repot the Basil.Took off like crazy after I did that. The Marjoram decided to start growing too.BUT the Thyme did nothing so I'm going to be minus thyme this year.My Rosemary seems to be doing better too. I've had to move the plants around on the deck to see where they will grow the best and so far I got them doing good. It rained pretty hard yesterday so they seem to grow faster with rain water. So now everything is watered for today and we're not suppose to get anymore till Monday.


If you will notice on my blogs,I do not talk politics or the state of what the world is in,I refuse to do that.I write this bog for my experiences with growing food and everyday living.I like keeping it simple.I hope you enjoy this because I really enjoy sharing with you! I try to write every week if I can and keep you updated. There isn't much going on right now but this is what I have so far.I just walked out back to check on things and it has become cool today.Everything looks great. We got some wind with this mess.My back deck smells so good with all those herbs! Yeah that's a good reason to grow them!

This coming up month of June- I am going to get that screen door for the front,it drives me nuts not being able to keep my front door open.We got all sorts of wasps and flies that like to come in. And it's really nice having the door open on a warm night. Can't wait! 




No comments: