Monday, June 23, 2014

Updated Plant Pictures


Potted Spearmint

Luffas at two months

Peas

Bell,Banana,and Jalapeno Peppers

Beefsteak Tomatoes


I took these this morning.I always go out each morning and greet the day and tell all my plants to grow good for me.Hey it works.My mom used to do the same thing to her ferns but she would sing to them.They were beautiful.So I think plants do respond to our voices.It's my opinion and I'm sticking to it! My other plants are growing too but I didn't get pictures of them yet.Now since I know what will grow here,next year I'll have a bigger garden.I didn't want to plant too much being that this was the first time I've tried it.That was the advise that was given and I'm glad I took it.It also tells me what my physical limits are going to be.Hubstead is going to put in raised beds for us next year.The backyard can hold alot but I think I'll try at least 3 raised beds and redo some of the things I've done this year.I had to put the peppers on the front porch,I believe they were getting too much hot sun and too much rain on the back.I'm going to see if they will dry out alittle so maybe the blooms will stop falling off.



2 comments:

Steve Lau said...

How are the luffas doing now? With the heat wave, mine are growing around 8 inches per day, and some have stems already up to 2/3 inches in diameter. They certainly love getting the miracle grow applications every few days.

Misty Pines Homestead said...

Hi Steve yeah mines done the same.I have one vine that's at least ten feet long already and the rest is climbing fast. They are covered in females and males. I hope I do this right being the first year having them. I did something different with the ones I planted.I dug a trench under the lattice and just put a layer of compost then top soil and then mulch and added alittle miracle gro maybe twice and that's it.