Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Getting It Going





June,18th 2014



In 2013,we purchased an acre of land with a doublewide mobile home.The doublewide wasn't exactly what we had in mind because it needed a lot of work.So we moved from Texas back to Alabama in August of 2013. The house really needed work more than what we expected.The pictures we had didn't say the whole thing. Well we got here,the smell was so bad,we couldn't figure what it was until I talked to the neighbors.A lady had lived here and had raised dogs and yep you can guess where this is going.
Ok we decided to deal with it and then there was the mildew all over the place.I broke out the bleach and dawn dish detergent and we washed the walls of this place.And we're still washing. But a lot of the smell is gone and hubstead has bought some OSB board to lay the floors with.






Some things here will have to be redone.All the plumbing is messed up and we can use only the shower and commode in one bathroom and the commode and sink in the other.The house has two baths,one with a shower and the other with a tub.Hubstead and I have come to the conclusion that someone started remodeling this place but never finished it.We don't have carpet or flooring for the livingroom or bedrooms but there is linoleum in the kitchen and diningroom and bathrooms.We have 5 ceiling fans which has helped alot with the heat.


I wrote about our trip here and some other stuff but I've decided to pick up from this point on and spare you some details.So I started putting seeds in a pots and some of the seeds didn't come up.But what did come up is now growing like crazy in the back yard. I know I started some too early but hey I'm a first year gardner and gonna make mistakes.



I planted tomatoes,peppers,beans,peas,and some herbs.I also planted some luffas  and they are doing real well. They won't be ready until October. I'll try to get the pictures off my phone and post them.I was really surprised but knew  in a way that things would grow better here. I still have a lot of work to do on the backyard and I'm trying to figure out where to put the raised beds.Next year it's going to be a lot bigger.I didn't want to overwhelm myself and be disappointed if things didn't grow.







No comments: