Saturday, August 1, 2015

Round Two on Planting

Well I had to so I went ahead and planted some more carrots but these were different kinds.I found a picture somewheres and I'm going to try next month on growing my peas from a string trellis attached to the porch railing.I still have to figure out how and where I'm going to put my kale.I may just try to container it too.That rabbit is still near by and I don't want it eating my kale up.I found one of my tomatoe plants I thought got thrown out from the hornworm problem but it survived somehow so I'm keeping an eye on it.It's still in the circle garden and I must of didn't pull hard enough to pull it up.

Today is gotta get off our butts and tackle the yard day.The grass is knee high.Got to mow and weed eat.Not gonna be pretty.The weather here has cooled down a little and we got a breeze coming in the house which makes it very pleasant.I have six gourds now! I am so happy about them coming in.I don't know how many I'll have yet but it's looking like there are going to be more.Last year I tried my hands at loofas and done good but we had a huge windstorm that blew over my trellis and it killed some of the loofas.These gourds are growing along the ground so I don't have to worry about that this year. Wonder what I can do next year?


No comments: