Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Deer and her BABIES!

I know it's a dangerous combo,a garden and deer.But so far they haven't got into anything.
She never told me she had babies LOL!

The picture is alittle fuzzy I didn't want to scare her.The babies still have their spots. This is right out in my backyard. I guess we'll have to put up a fence next year.

Sitting here this morning ,waiting for the next line of storms to come in.Everything is getting a good dose of much needed rain and the plants are looking better.I've gotten a handful of peas so far and the kale looks like it's grown an inch or more .It's been a tough year for us getting settled in but we are gonna make it.We have been getting the house winterized better this year. I've been insulating what needs to be covered.I ordered more seed books so I can't wait till spring now.I have kept a journal of the progress of the garden.I managed to put a compost bin up and got it going already.It's not much to look at but it will work for what I need it for.Still working on some rain barrels but keep a 5 gallon bucket on the back porch to catch what I can.

The yard finally straightened out from all the mowing we done during the summer. We still have a problem with the small pond like area.Looks like we are going to have to get a load of dirt and fill it in come spring. It's so nice here and it's great getting up to the peacefulness in the mornings.As long as they don't develop any of the area,it will stay that way.I got my fishing license and as soon as this rain clears out,I'm going!




No comments: